A WRITER’S CURIOSITY & AN EDITORIAL EYE
I research, write, edit, plan and consult for colleges and universities, small businesses, nonprofit organizations and individuals. See my samples page or contact me for clips.
Telling the story
- interviewing people who are passionate and engaged in their work
- writing news that’s fresh and interesting
- describing places and spaces
- delving into ideas and trends
Making sentences work
- more than 15 years experience copyediting for correct grammar, style, organization and readability
- finding the right word
- cleaning up sentence structure and grammar
- editing for flow and readability
- establishing clear messages
- connecting with key audiences
- engaging the reader
LET’S GET TOGETHER
Contact me to set up a meeting to discuss your project, brainstorm ideas and generally gauge whether or not my editorial services will be useful to you at this time. There is no charge for this initial meeting.
Good communication is essential to a smooth work flow and client satisfaction. Once we decide to work together, we’ll establish a deadline or timeline for the project, a fee structure, approvals and invoice terms.
THE BOTTOM LINE
For editing projects, I generally work by the hour, or in some cases, on a project-based fee. Writing assignments are estimated on a cost-per-word basis.
NOTE: I have a special rate for nonprofits and for students seeking editorial assistance with college admissions essays.